Aimee Klarich is proud to be a Principal Sponsor and supporter of the Burlingame Community for Education (BCE), Burlingame’s non-profit charitable organization that raises grant funds for the Burlingame School District.
Growing up in Burlingame and attending its schools gave Aimee a firsthand view of Burlingame’s excellent public education. She understands that along with parents and the local PTA, BCE has created a tradition of high-quality education which in turn effects the overall desirability of the town. As a realtor and a parent of a Burlingame student, she believes in contributing to that tradition.
Aimee is a wealth of local knowledge on history, neighborhoods, schools, businesses and amenities of Burlingame and surrounding areas. BCE is a natural partnership for her in her continuing to invest herself and her family in her town.
Since 1981 the Burlingame Community for Education Foundation (BCE) has been a volunteer-driven, non-profit charitable organization that raises grant funds for the Burlingame School District. Working together with parents, the school district and community, BCE provides Burlingame School District with financial resources to create a rich and inspiring education for Burlingame’s children beyond what is possible with public funds. The schools that receive the grant include all Burlingame elementary schools and Burlingame Intermediate School.
A $1,795,000 million grant was raised during the 2014-2015 campaign and granted during the 2015-2016 school year. It will help Burlingame School District fund:
- Teacher salaries to keep class sizes as low as possible
- Teacher professional development
- District math specialist
- District science specialist services from UC Berkeley’s Lawrence Hall of Science and San Mateo County science specialist
- Comprehensive TK-8th grade music program including choral and instrumental music instruction
- Credentialed physical education program
- TK-8th grade credentialed media specialist and library services
- BIS drama productions
- Classroom instructional aides in grades 4 & 5
- Integrated technology specialist
- Visual and performing arts (VAPA) program
BCE is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public benefit corporation.
BCE volunteers run four flagship fundraising events each year:
- Burlingame Spirit Run
- Annual Campaign Kickoff Day
- BCE Read-a-thon
- BCE Dinner Dance and Auction